how to build a referral based business that attracts your idea client
HOW TO BUILD A REFERRAL BASED BUSINESS THAT ATTRACTS YOUR IDEA CLIENT
Building your business with referrals is a consistent, long term effort and also so much more than just staying in touch with past clients.
You need to have a strategy, and show up as your authentic self. Blink has the tools, and the strategy that is proven and works. Checkout out tips below to see some helpful hints to build your brand and bring in a steady stream of referrals.
How to grow your referrals and repeat business:
Remember, there is no such thing as a “past” client … if you stay in touch with them, your clients will always stay current.
- Treat your clients how you would treat your friends:
- Reach out to them with a call or text at least once a quarter
- Celebrate big life events – send flowers or a gift after an engagement, wedding, new baby, etc.
- Stay connected on social media and engage with them through their posts & stories
- Text them every time you pass their neighborhood with a “thinking of you!”
- Grab coffee /lunch / or dinner regularly with your top clients
- Stop by with a small gift (token of your appreciation) after every referral
- Send them something in the mail 2-3x a year (a small gift or pop-by) to stay top-of-mind
Be authentically you online & In your business
Don’t be afraid to show people who you really are & what you are passionate about…
- Mom / Dad
- Fitness / healthy lifestyle
- loves wine (or a good craft beer)
- Loves design
- Is passionate about fashion
- Loves dogs / cats (or all animals)
- Very involved in the community
- Loves food and / or cooking
- Travel lover
Incorporate these pieces of your personality into your social media content and business people will work with you because they trust you and feel like they know you.
By incorporating your personality into your brand, your followers & potential clients will see that you are more than just a real estate agent, and it will humanize your brand.